Oversee each of the steps involved in a smooth functioning of Logistics company from ensuring products reach their destinations safely, securely and on-time and in charge of smooth governance. The supervisor will have range of different duties from Management of day to day operations, transportation services, employee salaries, customer communications, order books, lease/rental agreements etc. A strong business acumen, medium accounting skills and the ability to reason through ever changing scenarios are necessities for this position. Taking the initiative, strong math skills, and the ability to anticipate problems before they happen are also essential for success in this position. The candidate must work well with a team of people both onshore and offshore who are committed to continuing the company's high growth rate.
1. Enter and process all incoming orders – EDI, Web-portal based, email.
2. Manage Port shipments (inward/outward) with Transporters per customer’s requirements.
3. Manage Container bookings, reviewing and submitting shipping instructions to shiplines and validation of Titles to CBP per export quidelines.
4. Manage Employee Schedules, Payroll, Office Lease/utilities and Purchase of Material requirements on a monthly, weekly basis.
5. Ensuring that all incoming and outgoing deliveries meet the relevant specifications, after which they can either be accepted or returned.
6. Ensuring that the entire work area is safe and clean, and that it complies with relevant industry standards. 7.
Holding responsibility for the administration of shipping orders, work orders, and the inventory and stock.
8. Ensuring that all distribution, loading, and unloading are handled safely.
9. Advises workers on the proper utilization of systems and procedures.
10. Advises workers on the specific requirements of the customer.
11. Prepares, monitors, and confirms accuracy of customer orders.
12. Assists workers with daily activities, as needed.
13. Communicates job expectations, processes, procedures and requirements to new workers. Leads the training of new warehouse workers.
14. Participates in staff meetings and conducts team meetings, as needed.
15. Produces reports with Microsoft Office Suites if required.
16. Reviews measurements and results and suggests process improvements.
17. Provides input on warehouse process flow and layouts, as management adapts to seasonal changes.
18. Oversees workflow to maintain productivity to the established standard (or to maintain a high level of efficiency and effectiveness).
19. Perform routine maintenance/repairs for Forklifts and other heavy equipment’s.
Skills & Qualifications
1. Experience with Quickbooks
2. Bachelor’s degree with two plus years’ experience in managing business from sales, purchase and accounting.
3. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
4. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
5. Bilingual – English/Urdu.
6. Ability to work in a fast paced, performance-based environment.
7. Competency with Microsoft Office Applications.
8. Competency in Online Order Management Systems and management of remote teams.
9. Able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
10. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
11. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally to a customer, supervisor, manager, and employee is required.
12. Experience with and the ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights and or weekends. Working Conditions: Must be able to work outside, exposed to all weather conditions including heat, cold, and rain. Standing and walking will be required throughout the course of a normal day. The wearing of personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, shoes, a safety vest and a hard hat will be required. Other tasks related to cargo management will require sedentary period for computer input and document review. Required to observe all safety and health requirements for container terminal environment.